In my two years in practice, I have been approached relentlessly by representatives for Isagenix, BeachBody, Arbonne, and a slew of other companies I can’t even remember. It is a crazy market for “nutraceutical” products, and everyone wants a share of it.
But every time I looked into the products or company practices, I could not get on board for two different reasons: I believe that people need to stop relying on shakes and powders to sustain them (bodies need REAL food to thrive), and most of the products mentioned above have ingredients in them I would never feed my body, no matter what marketing gimmick they use to try to convince me.
Additionally, my clients rely on me to do the research for them and trust my judgement, so I never thought it was worth the couple of dollars I might make on selling these shakes and protein powders.
However, I “get” that most of you have a real need for some affordable and easy ways to get your greens and nutrients in, and that time in the kitchen can be tough with life, kids, work, or travel. With my genetic issues with nutrient absorption and poor mitochondria health, I do too.
Now the wait is over…you can now get your superfood on in one convenient and awesome product from a small company in Boulder, Colorado.
Let me introduce you to SKOOP and their amazing A-Game superfood blend!
I have been using A-Game for a few weeks now, as my incredibly sensitive and discerning body is my best lab to test out products (I can’t tell you how many protein powders have made me vomit!), and I love it, especially in this bitter winter when juicing isn’t always a good option.
Not to mention that I can get my greens, adaptogens, fiber, omega 3s, antioxidants, enzymes, and probiotics in ONE serving, instead of cluttering my counter with dozens of products. Hell yeah!
Here are the reasons I use A-Game and feel that I can endorse it:
- It is a powerful way to put superfoods to work for you. The 41 plant-based ingredients have been thoughtfully selected to work synergistically with each other.
- It is anti-oxidant-rich, micro and phytonutrient-dense (versus macro) to help you fight inflammation and acidic build-up while helping with energy, productivity, and resilience.
- For those who have a hard time consuming or digesting greens, it covers your basics, as each serving has the equivalent of 10 servings of vegetables.
- I love that this product contains adaptogens has all of us experience chronic stress and I am a big fan of adaptogen to support your nervous system and hormones.
- Added bonus: enzymes and probiotics.
- No fillers, gluten, dairy, corn, artificial sweeteners, colorants, or other unsavory ingredients. You still need to check the ingredients list to see if you are sensitive to some of the fruits or vegetables used.
- It is palatable, not a chalky goo.
- It is versatile. There are many ways to consume your A-Game. I have put it in warm water, almond milk, chia pudding, cookies, and oatmeal.
What it is NOT:
- A-Game is NOT a protein shake (Skoop is working on a protein powder product), it is a superfood blend designed to flood your body with the nutrients, enzymes, and fiber that it needs. You can get your protein through the vehicle you use to take your A-Game, such as a nut-based smoothie or nut milk, or chia/quinoa pudding.
- It does NOT replace a meal (enough already with the powdered meal replacements that your body CANNOT digest); it enhances and assist with digestive, cognitive, and healing functions.
- It is NOT an excuse to go binge on pizza ’cause you had your A-Game earlier on…
What I could do without:
- Stevia. If you are on sugar free diet, this makes it tough for you to take A-Game, and some people react to stevia.
- Xantham gum.
But ultimately, as powders go, this is the one for me.
Finally, to help you decide for yourself, here is a table the company put together. To their credit, they didn’t even bother with the worst offenders, such as Isagenix which contains gluten, soy, additives, and corn.
And remember that no matter which green superfood powder you introduce to your body, start with a fourth or half the single serving and monitor how your body feels. These powders are best consumed in the morning and outside of heavy meals.
Grab your own supply at a discounted price HERE!